1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoon honey or sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 Caffè di Artisan coffee pod
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini chocolate chips are ideal)
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
1. In a cup, combine the wet ingredients (Buttermilk, honey, egg, melted butter, coffee and vanilla extract).
2. In another bowl, whisk the dry ingredients (Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix it well. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and brush with oil.
5. Pour about 1/4 of batter onto the hot pan and with a laddle, flatten slightly.
6. Once the top of the pancake starts developing holes and no longer looks wet, flip it aside. Let it cook for few seconds and then it ready to serve.
7. To serve, top with your favorite syrup and garnish with fresh fruits and nuts.